The Gift Guide Series // An Exclusive Interview with Cristin Cooper
We met up with Southern belle Cristin Cooper to hear about her journey as a blogger and why she’s shopping at 31 Bits this holiday season. We’re excited to share her story and her top holiday gift picks from 31 Bits! You can shop her ethical gift guide here.
1. What inspired you to create your blog/social platform?
My girls! I started my blog when my youngest daughter was 6 months old with the hopes of it turning into a job that would fulfill my desire to work while letting me stay home with my kids.
2. What is your go-to accessory during the holidays?
3. What are your favorite holiday traditions? Any favorite childhood holiday memories?
Driving to see Christmas lights, attending Christmas Eve church services and cutting down a fresh tree are some of my favorite childhood traditions that I now do with my husband and girls.
4. Would you prefer a holiday season with snow or sunshine?
Sunshine! Christmas at the beach sounds fabulous.
5. When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
An architect. After majoring in architecture for a year in college I finally figured out that I liked interior design a little more than structural design.
6. What is your proudest accomplishment so far in your career?
Being able to grow my blog into a full-time business while working around another job and two little girls.
7. How do you set yourself apart on social media to further your career?
I don’t worry as much about setting myself apart from others but rather just being myself and connecting with my followers.
8. Why are you choosing to shop ethically at 31 Bits this holiday season? And who are you shopping for at 31 Bits?
I love finding unique and special finds for my friends and family during the holidays. Having been fortunate enough to spend time volunteering in remote villages in Africa, I was thrilled to discover 31 Bits. I’m honored to support a retailer that provides job opportunities to women like the ones I worked alongside. As a woman business owner I am thankful that I get to earn an income doing something that I love and I am grateful that, even if in a small way, I can help do that for others.
9. What are some ways you slow down during the holidays and create meaningful moments?
Decorating cookies with my girls and enjoying family movie nights are some of our favorite ways to spend time at home during the holidays.